Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Top Gear is the pits

Are you serious Moggy :shock: you mean the stig is not really an alien :wtf:

some people seem to have a rather odd idea that top gear is reality! It's entertainment FFS, whether it be winching a (rather nice) landrover up a dam or 3 mates driving through the desert in old bangers without acknowledging the vast army of support, directing and scripting that involves, IT'S NOT REAL LIFE FFS!!!

I think that maybe the 'some people' you refer to are mostly bemoaning the fact that Top Gear USED to be mainly reality, now it is entertainment but poor entertainment, I don't find Jeremy being a pratt entertaining, more embarrassing.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Gav, I have to say I may well fall into the Frank camp on this one. WTF was that Peugeot thing about. I wasn't even sure if it was funny. It may have been, I just couldn't tell. Super cars no one can afford, great. Get that. Looking back at the history of Peugeot I got that. But the driving around crashing and catching fire? I missed something. So they make crap cars brilliantly. Errr, yes, and...

Nope. didn't get it.

Chris can you post top gear comments on a Tuesday please. You've just ruined the Peugeot part of my tape.

TAPE?????

Frank, Frank, FRANK wake up! You've been asleep for 20 years!

Come on Clarkson got some overlanding in Morocco in last night :D proper local stylee, non of this RTT, Winch Bumper malarky

I didn't watch it, did I miss something good?

Gav, I have to say I may well fall into the Frank camp on this one. WTF was that Peugeot thing about. I wasn't even sure if it was funny. It may have been, I just couldn't tell. Super cars no one can afford, great. Get that. Looking back at the history of Peugeot I got that. But the driving around crashing and catching fire? I missed something. So they make crap cars brilliantly. Errr, yes, and...

Nope. didn't get it.

Im with you Chris. I watched the first part of the show and it kept me entertained, but it got to the peugeot section and i found myself browsing the internet on my laptop. utter shite came to mind.

Will i watch it next week, Of course :lol:

I won't be saying "Je suis Clarkson" when he's dealt with by a Peugeot driver.

I caught up with this week's episode on iPlayer last night and whilst I enjoyed the show, I also didn't "get" the Peugeot feature.

Last and only Peugeot I personally ever owned was a 205 1.9 GTi in the early '90s - one of the best and certainly the most fun car I have ever had.

My parents and extended family have had 404 (saloon), 504 (3xsaloons and estate), 405 saloon and 406 saloon in the extended family over the years and they have all been good, if not very good. Though I must admit that we have not had a modern one..........seemed to have moved over to German or Japanese in the last 10 years or so.

They were certainly spot on in their description of Peugeots car history, anything they built in the 99-09 period has been fairly poor tbh. But I did find their antics tedious to say the least. I was ok with the 307 going on fire, but the constant crashing?? It was repetitive. I do still like the show, and was surprised that Olly Murs can drive! Intrigued by the standoff with the hybrid supercars too. Want to see who wins that.

More brain popcorn next week please!!

Chris I'm taking your advice and going for one of those up to date tape recorders, the type that has the picture on as well.

Back