Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Top Gear is the pits

I'm offended that you're all so offended, at me taking offence at those who have taken offence, when there is nothing to be offended about.... you bunch of namby, pamby, mummy's boys

Like, like, like, like, like, Like, like, Like, like, Like, like, like, like, like, like, Like, like, Like, like, Like, like,

"if you can prove they are a cock, just once mind you"

Yes the problem here is that I think he's been a cock more than once :lol:

No, I know that's not what you meant Mr President.

I'm find the timing of this "fracas" very interesting given that new contracts were about to be negotiated, my suspicious conspiracy theory mind is saying what a great way of getting out of a BBC contract and moving to another channel with no penalty.

"Oh dear, no Top Gear without Clarkson" say Hammond and May, "best we find something else."

"What's that Jezza? You've got a new show with another channel that's paying more and you want us to join you?"

I wonder who the producer at the new channel with a fat lip might be in that scenario.:violence-smack::violence-smack::violence-smack::violence-smack:

I think Clarkson is outright owner of the top gear brand so its likely tit for tat as in - blame me for what you aired - OK - put me on air again and i will sue the fuck out of you . ITV , channel 4 , sky and god knows who else would treble his earnings to buy the show .

Apparently he sold the rights back to the Beeb a couple of years back for £30 mil...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Punching someone is obviously against health and safety. You put the word "LAW" into my mouth Chris.

Yes Frank, because Health and Safety as you call it IS a Law. It's called the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and to breach it is a crime. It's criminal Law. You can't have H@S in common law terms. So I didn't put the word in your mouth, you did. It's the law of Employer to those who may be affected by their acts and / or undertaking. IE the business that they run. If two people decide to argue and punch each other this is NOT the core business of the BBC and therefore not subject to Elf n Safety. It falls under criminal law - assault, ABH, GBH etc. Sod all to so with health and safety in any aspect whatsoever, the end. Which ever way you cut it, the LAW is involved here just not the one you decided to state.

It's against health in as much he could hurt someone. It's against safety for the same reason.

I hope the victim stands up for himself. It's demeaning to be bullied. The pendulum probably has swung too far as in health and safety LAW and PC but I remember the days when such didn't exist and you had to try and stand up for yourself. Although my parents were C of E they sent me to a catholic school run by priests. I and the other pupils were punched almost on a daily basis and had no defence legally or from any other quarter.

Frank I agree with your principles but you are barking up the wrong tree with persisting in saying that this is related to health or safety. it is not. The health in health and safety refers to occupational health and welfare stemming from exposure to agents that cause damage to or alter cells, cause disease or impair the function of organs etc. Being punched does not have health effects in that way. That's tissue damage and would be considered safety not health. But as the safety and health referred to in law is about the effects of the employers work upon you, neither are applicable. There is no health and safety outside of this concept. That is personal safety, but that's an entirely different matter. There is no PC in safety. End of.

The pendulum has not swung too far. The primary law on safety hasn't changed since 1974 in that respect, the Act is over 40 years old now. What has changed is people calling stuff health and safety when it isn't! Don't blame the law, blame people who don't understand what the law says

Punching anyone is wrong. Unless it's boxing for example. It's an assault and has plenty of mechanisms provided by the country to deal with it without trying to shoehorn it into a law that is not intended to deal with such matters. Now if I worked in an off licence and someone came in and assaulted me as an employee, I may very well be able to argue that my employer had failed to instigate sufficient controls for my safety. My EMPLOYER failed to meet the conditions set out in the law. But if we are in the stock room and you call me an arse and I punch you, just where has the employer (the off licence owner) failed to implement controls that meet reasonably foreseeable dangers to me? They haven't. It's a criminal matter for the Police not the HSE. It's all about context which is why I have been explaining this to people for over 25 years.

Mark W for Prime Minister !!!!

:D My first task would be to appoint J Carkson as foreign affairs and Minister of Common Sense, and pass a law to make Toyota sell LC70's in the UK :D

I notice Auntie Beeb is still showing re-runs on BBC3

I missed it on Sunday. I was out. Anything good? I couldn't find it on iplayer. Something happened?

What I don't understand about the whole fiasco is why the producers etc are unaccountable?, fine Clarkson said something which may cause minor offence if your PC nutter but the decision to actually broadcast that was made by someone else and that person must share some of the blame if not all of it.

That actually is a very good point that I have heard no one else raise, anywhere:thumbup:

I find it quite extraordinary that it was considered ok to give a convicted rapist a boxing licence and put him back on the telly, and to attempt to do the same with another convicted rapist who kicks a football about, yet a bit of handbags at dawn leads to all this bollocks!!

Just sayin' like!

I wonder what the assault was. A punch that knocked his teeth out and broke his jaw or something like a shove.

Oh well. The commercial channels will snap him up and create a programme called 6th Gear or sumting

I wonder what the assault was. A punch that knocked his teeth out and broke his jaw or something like a shove.

Oh well. The commercial channels will snap him up and create a programme called 6th Gear or sumting

Apparently the 'victim' took himself to A&E, anyway Clarkson will become the subject of a bidding war by other broadcasters. He will now be laughing all the way to the bank.

Report say's the producer went to A+E with a swelling and bleeding lip. He didn't report the incident to his bosses but who's to say he wouldn't have if JC hadn't pre-empted him. The BBC were really caught between a rock and a hard place. Sack him and endure the flack and potential ratings drop or give him another final warning. How ridiculous would that have looked? JMO

He hit him. End of. Unfortunately employment law etc etc has that as a simple termination offence - do not pass go and do not collect £2million. Done and dusted ...

Interesting that all they're doing is not picking up his contract next week so he's screwed and has no recourse at all. Idiot.

Back