Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Got new tyres yesterday to replace the Nankang Mudstars that I'd had for about 35,000km. Still plenty of wear, so I may as well sell them whilst there is still some value in them.

Now have a set of Bridgestone Dueler D697's (again in 31x10.5R15) which so far seem a lot quieter on the road - although the Mudstars were quiet to begin with as well.

Pic to follow this arvo, we're out exploring this afternoon and camping tomorrow night.

Very close call , I just jumped into the truck to go get some bits turned the key and paused to give the glow plugs a chance to do what they should , and that's when i noticed the spanner sitting on the gator :shock: I left the engine oil to drain overnight !

I think i will make it common practice to hang something on the steering wheel as a reminder in future :oops:

Very close call , I just jumped into the truck to go get some bits turned the key and paused to give the glow plugs a chance to do what they should , and that's when i noticed the spanner sitting on the gator :shock: I left the engine oil to drain overnight !

I think i will make it common practice to hang something on the steering wheel as a reminder in future :oops:

Close call indeed! I always leave something large and unwieldy on the seat so it requires a very conscious effort to move it out of the way.

Replaced the faulty headlight washer valve.
Dead easy replacement on the 80. Indicator/Side light out gives enough room.

Took me longer to figure out removing the odd little tube clips.

Dave.

With the winch bumper I've got, I can reach them just going down on one knee. The tube is just clipped behind the bodywork, and it's easy to get my hand round and in there.

I've made up a sign saying 'Do Not Start' that I put in the dash binnacle.

That was scarily close Shayne and something I know I could easily have done.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I've made up a sign saying 'Do Not Start' that I put in the dash binnacle.

That was scarily close Shayne and something I know I could easily have done.

You could always start the oil change job by pulling a wire off the starter solenoid, IP or somewhere to disable starting.

Maybe a good idea, but if it was me, I'd probably do that, then do the oil change and then ....

..... spend the next weekend trying to find out why it won't start:lol:

Got new tyres yesterday to replace the Nankang Mudstars that I'd had for about 35,000km. Still plenty of wear, so I may as well sell them whilst there is still some value in them.

Now have a set of Bridgestone Dueler D697's (again in 31x10.5R15) which so far seem a lot quieter on the road - although the Mudstars were quiet to begin with as well.

Pic to follow this arvo, we're out exploring this afternoon and camping tomorrow night.

As I said, a quick escape out to Styx State Forest and Wattle Flat (where we went when Scott and Steph visited - it's great, only an hour away from home):

12717517_10153853889205856_5835878033860597319_n.jpg

Most definitely big sky country in some areas around here - 45km ago we were in thick forest on the edge of dry rainforest

12745614_10153853889910856_2767197206306790035_n.jpg

10325188_10153853890600856_3813001054206470370_n.jpg

New tyres were awesome; really nice on those roads at 60-90kmh, and quiet on the bitumen as well. Reckon gained a bit in fuel economy as well, which is an aside really. Definitely worth looking at the D697's if you can get them in Europe - I think they're an Australian only tyre though... bugger... I'll let people know more after we've had some rain...

One of my tricks is to leave the oil filler cap on the bonnet latch, so I can't close it - also I head out 25km to a friends property to do my oil changes so it runs out nicely (after it normally scalds me on the way past)... about every 3 months at the moment!

Drain plug placed by the filler perhaps…? No, me neither cos I'd knock it off never to be seen again too!!

I take mine for a run and do a scalded hand drain. Runs out nicely then.

Why do you not just do the oil change in one hit that way no room to mess it up and cost yourself an engine.

I usually pick a day when i will be busy with office stuff go for a spin in the morning to get the heat up and then leave to drain until about 4pm . Been promising myself for a long time to do an oil change just to wash the system , i had been to the local motor factor earlier and asked for their cheapest 5w-40 because i only expected to drive 20 miles on it before changing . Turned out to be comma xflow fully synthetic for some reason ? As luck would have it i ended up doing something else altogether and getting home after dark so i pulled the plug anyway .

Why do you not just do the oil change in one hit that way no room to mess it up and cost yourself an engine.

That's the way I do it and most other jobs if possible. My memory isn't good enough to do it any other way.

Have a guess... Been meaning to do this one for a while.. no more clunk in the drivetrain!!

IMAG1672_zpsv0sedxxi.jpg

Also did an oil and filter change to keep it right for another while

Had me a set of BFG KO2 AT's put on the 100, very pleased so far in all this wet weather.

Had me a set of BFG KO2 AT's put on the 100, very pleased so far in all this wet weather.

So a signature update/edit coming soon then Trev :thumbup:

What size have you fitted?

I'm trying to find them in 305/75/16 here, but no luck so far.

Looks like I'm going to have to import them....:icon-cry:

So a signature update/edit coming soon then Trev :thumbup:

What size have you fitted?

I'm trying to find them in 305/75/16 here, but no luck so far.

Looks like I'm going to have to import them....:icon-cry:

285 75 16 is what I went for, very nice tyre and will be great for towing. I got them as a second hand set of 5 and they've done about 300 miles so basically new.

Back