Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Fitted new window rubbers today, I've now got working windows :) 24 year old rubbers had become hard plastic lol

Today I made a start on wiring in the fridge, i bought all the cheap bits but not the pricey items yet so I think i've done the hard bit now anyway. That grommet is a pain in the arse!!!
View attachment 109906
View attachment 109907
View attachment 109900
View attachment 109901
View attachment 109902
View attachment 109903
View attachment 109904
View attachment 109905
Feel free to point out any mistakes so far.

Looks pretty tidy mate, Ive been looking at running power to the back for far too long so your photos will be extremely useful! Did you just run pos and ground to the metalwork? Ive seen a few threads suggest running both to ensure isolation from the stock electrics. Great drawers btw, some fancy handles and you'd never know it was homemade.

some fancy handles and you'd never know it was homemade.
I got fed up looking for handles, these ones seemed inoffensive.
All my positives and negetives are connected to the leisure battery. You'll have to have a nose soon.

Mrs Cowell arrived home yesterday with the passenger side front looking like a low-rider. And an admission it looked a bit "forward" when she set off. Hmmm.

Couldn't find an auto factor who could get a new shock til Monday. So 26 quid for a Saturday delivery from Roughtrax!

To be fair the shock looks a little worn.
View attachment 123446
Getting it off was what I believe engineers refer to as a right old ball ache. The top of the strut was seized nicely to the turret. Ended up dismantling the strut insitu so I could heat the top mount and knock it off.

View attachment 123447

Now for a cup of coffee and wait for the distant rumble of a courier's van.
Did it turn up on Saturday Rob?

I got fed up looking for handles, these ones seemed inoffensive.
All my positives and negetives are connected to the leisure battery. You'll have to have a nose soon.

Would love to have a casual nose round your truck, looks like you've made a lot of great progress since Lincomb! (and give you a chance to collect on that pint)

I rekon a pair of recessed flight case handles/latches would look awesome on that build.

http://www.flightcasefittings.co.uk...s/slam-locks/small-slam-latch-l1037-5019.html

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Can't believe you're still dissin my bnq handles! :) we'll have to meet up. I'm getting the other one mot'd Saturday morning so see how that goes first.

Dear welders

Why is this bloody thing sticking to the side when i have the rod almost vertical and pooling on the horizontal part ?

dodgy weld 001.JPG

If you have the rod vertical it will arc to the side and burn the flux off so building up on that side ( thinner metal will heat up quicker so become easiest route for arc ) need to come in splitting the angle between plates and 30 deg back should give you a better result

Cheers Tim that makes sense i was trying to penetrate the heavier metal with the steep angle but all i'm getting is a bed of slag and i might have saved a bunch of rods has i asked earlier . Dodging rain showers does not help .

Power!
IMG_7372.JPG
Assuming the beemer passes it's mot tomorrow I'll be tidying my wiring and hooking up Mr Victron tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Did it turn up on Saturday Rob?

It did, thank you. Only changed one side because the weather was horrible. But hey, only one side was broken. Looks like this weekend will be at least as nasty, so the other side will likely be postponed again.

It did, thank you. Only changed one side because the weather was horrible. But hey, only one side was broken. Looks like this weekend will be at least as nasty, so the other side will likely be postponed again.
Yeah, been looking at the weather thinking its not going to be favourable for crawling about under the chassis..... Good that the parts turned up ok. I'm very happy with RoughTrax .....

Hmy ( the beemer) passed its mot today with no advisories , woo woo!
So I got home and played with Mr Victron
IMG_7373.JPG IMG_7374.JPG IMG_7376.PNG
Just need to cable tie the mess up now
image.jpg

Finally got round to looking at the noise from the front diff on my 95. Prop and driveshafts off, I thought I’d check the preload to find very little there (less than 4 in/lb). I think someone possibly had the flange off, perhaps to change the seal, and not set it back up properly.

New bearings, seals and spacer to hand, so keeping my fingers crossed that when I strip it down the races haven’t spun too badly if at all, pinion and ring are ok (not much to see on the drain plug) and assuming I can get a reasonable contact pattern, the diff should live to turn another day.

I'm sure pic laden instructions thread would have been well appreciated on here Flint , i guess its too late for that now :cry:

Hi guys been tinkering around the car today awaiting to take car in for the new custom exhaust tomorrow.

Wondered if anyone knows what this clear tubing is not connected too. It's coming from the drivers side near the brake server.

Thanks in advance

IMG_4774.JPG

New rear discs and pad all round this morning. Replaced the little rubber bellows / slider bushes as well. Freed all the pistons off. Big improvement. No brake judder now and lovely smooth braking.

Bought the Kavo discs from Roughtrax. Seem nicely made and finished. Better than the usual unbranded £20 discs that's for sure. They were laser etched with batch code info etc too.

Screen Shot 2017-03-19 at 15.50.50.jpg

New rear discs and pad all round this morning. Replaced the little rubber bellows / slider bushes as well. Freed all the pistons off. Big improvement. No brake judder now and lovely smooth braking.

Bought the Kavo discs from Roughtrax. Seem nicely made and finished. Better than the usual unbranded £20 discs that's for sure. They were laser etched with batch code info etc too.

View attachment 123593

Looking good there Chris be good to hear how they feel when you take the old girl for a spin!!

Very very smooth indeed DG. Very smooth. They seem to be painted with something which took a little time to burn off. I could smell it. But once shiny, it all seems good. There's a lot more pedal travel now having freed off a couple of stuck pistons. I also bought some Kavo pads for the front as Milners were out of theirs. They seem fine too so far.

Back