Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Not really maintenance as such, but trying to find the best location to mount my CB antenna..

Recently changed the 5 back up batteries in my 1995 80 Scorpion designed 5000 siren box. Second time replace. Gives you a right scare when you disconnect the main batteries.

Had a new screen in the Collie today

IMG_1465.JPG

Been meaning to do it for months but having decided to part company I thought I'd do it for the benefit of the next owner.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Not really maintenance as such, but trying to find the best location to mount my CB antenna..

If you have a rear mounted spare then there's a few options for mounting it to the wheel mount. If not, when you figure it out let me know as I need to figure it out too. I'm currently leaning toward a bracket through the front lower grill onto the chassis rails.

In other news, engine mounts are fitted and a coolant leak has been traced to the new (but cheap and shite) waterpump. Also a full driveline health check has been carried out to make sure we are good to go for our trip in September. Cam belt, tensioner, aux belt and water pump for fitting next week.

Is that someone here? Or are you still in the "thinking about it" stage?

Hi Chad, TBF I have decided to let the Collie go if anyone shows interest. As I've got the 120 and like it it seems a little extravagant to have it as well as I don't commute and don't do a lot of miles. I have been nothing but impressed with it and have enjoyed every mile I've driven in it.
It does have a re covered steering wheel and CC fitted.
Its a solid old thing, as Chris, Josh and Trev will testify as they all have seen it on the ramp.

Removed the o/s/f hub and replaced the bearings as one had started to fail, replaced the inner oil seal and re greased the cv joint.
Then replaced the stabilizer bar bushes front and rear then started pulling the o/s/r hub to replace the shaft and hub oil seals as the hand brake shoes are contaminated with oil only to have the studs sheer off, had to use heat to get the side shaft out, started running out of time so reassembled and parked, will carry on next week when I am off work again.

Today I got a new set of boots, I've gone down in width slightly, now got Cooper STT Pro's 265/75/16 from Cooper STT 285/75/16

20180622_172845.jpg

The originals have only been on for less than 5000mls so not very worn at all the spare has never been on the road still got the sticker on, see here;

20180622_172904.jpg

The others as follows;

20180622_172936.jpg

I haven't measured the tread depth but as can be seen on the pics they're hardly worn, no damage no punctures;

20180622_172919.jpg

All the tyres are similar in amount of wear, asking for £350 for all five Cooper STT 285/75/16 tyres. To be collected from Morden South London.

Last edited:
How come you,ve swapped tyres Chas?
Well having been a fan of Cooper for a long time now I thought I'd try the new Pro's and having had a slight problem in the last couple of weeks with steering wobble I was thinking a narrower tyre might help plus with Romania coming up a new set of tyres to try out on the ridge run would be a good idea.
Also I had sold the roof tent, so I thought what can I buy? I know a new set of tyres! so the money got spent but then the tent sale fell through but I was committed, never mind it's only money and you can't take it with you.

... and the steering wobble?

Don’t really like the sound of that...

... and the steering wobble?

Don’t really like the sound of that...
Well it was more of a slight tremor on the steering wheel as I slowed down (like when slowing down on the slip road turning off a motorway) but didn't always happen.

Well it was more of a slight tremor on the steering wheel as I slowed down (like when slowing down on the slip road turning off a motorway) but didn't always happen.

have you had the chasie checked properly chas around the steering box?

Back