Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lj70 build thread

Keep the faith Bund, great to see it being saved. Rich is spot on (StarCruiser) it will be so worth it in the end and you will learn lors of new skills along the way which is my favourite thing about the cruiser bug

look to be cracking job done there mate and as the others are saying yes it costing a lot to save but the value will only rise and with all the effort gone in to save it, get it used and enjoy it. :)

Cheers again Pablo, I’ve always had quite new Cars but in the last year I’ve turned to older Cars and the second one I bought being this shed and then two 90’s mercs I have bought since(320 cab and a 560 sec), 320 needing Work but nothing like the 70. I can’t wait to use them, I bought the mercs Right so their spend in justified but the Toyota is More heart than head. Just think it will be great over the winter with the dogs, I won’t be precious like I am with my daily or the previous sport.

I’m telling myself this Toyota is a car for life but my friend looking after the build says although this particular 2ltr engine sounds great he says I’ll be disappointed with the power.

don't worry too much about the engine if it runs. you have time to look into swap options if you really need that.
and don't be naive that no other mechanical problems won't arise either. Its an old car….

however, with such "faint" engine like yours I used my LJ for 60000 km in two years and got across Europe few times.
Bit slower than a normal car, but…hey.

you will be fine!

For what I have in mind I think it will be fine too, might even be economical????

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That's the spirit Bund, good on ya' :clap:

ha yeh you will get used to the speed of the lj , I find it nice just sit back window down and arm out of window and just tootle along it amazing how much you notice everyone else speeding around you all in a hurry to get somewhere and I feel relaxed, its great lol.

ha yeh you will get used to the speed of the lj , I find it nice just sit back window down and arm out of window and just tootle along it amazing how much you notice everyone else speeding around you all in a hurry to get somewhere and I feel relaxed, its great lol.
It will be like driving a 60!!

EA176106-A9FA-4E35-8A95-D3CA364EA2B1.jpeg
51693C12-3DBE-4014-90F7-0D3964DC6B70.jpeg
60E45C4A-C938-4C02-B9EA-73C1E8DFA7CE.jpeg
One arch done, the welder usually works on imp race cars so this is his first LC. :/ 1A241949-5377-4BF7-A66C-EB0D15CBA7BB.jpeg 8826787E-E89D-4CBE-B308-215D7045CAEB.jpeg 55F4B6BD-40BF-461B-BD2C-8EC86F88C8B2.jpeg

Serious progress there lad. Looking forward to further posts

Bit further today, the guy wants it out of his space by Friday. Top and sides of front screen area are good but dash has to come out to repair bottom section, side windows not to bad, they’ve been repaired before but will do properly now.
I need a new fuel filler neck, willtry euro4x4 but the part they stock says lhd only. Looks the same as the though. Plus a bracket for one of the side steps.

that fuel filler neck is way worse condition then mine and I had bad corrosion and hole at the fuel tank outlet pipes.
Unless the tank outlet pipes have been changed, likelihood they are shot too is massive.might be pierced with rust and you cannot see. they puncture where they bent immediately after they leave the fuel tank.
check now, before you take car out.
its a 50 euro part and gives you peace of mind you don't get air into fuel system. At least not from there!

that fuel filler neck is way worse condition then mine and I had bad corrosion and hole at the fuel tank outlet pipes.
Unless the tank outlet pipes have been changed, likelihood they are shot too is massive.might be pierced with rust and you cannot see. they puncture where they bent immediately after they leave the fuel tank.
its a 50 euro part and gives you peace of mind you don't get air into fuel system. At least not from there!
Hi Alexy,

Thanks for bringing that up, where did you source the parts from?

Do you mean this part?

http://www.euro4x4parts.com/toyota_...lamp_1985_1990/3_engine/I/fuel_tank_flex_hose

I've asked Shaun on his thread if he knows if this does also fit the rhd? Anyone else know?
http://www.euro4x4parts.com/toyota_...mp_1985_1990/3_engine/I/fuel_tank_filler_neck

Back