Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2017 - Comarnic Visit

Have a great time lads, ladies and ..... Nick.
20170819_063834.jpg
All.good here!

No wind here at all.

It says 28C, feels like 35C and were in the fourth week of drought.

Everything's dried up, brown grass, the works.

No wind here at all.

It says 28C, feels like 35C and were in the fourth week of drought.

Everything's dried up, brown grass, the works.
Stopped for a spot of lunch. The old boy couldn't hang it out any longer

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well I dont know where anyone else is but I'm here. (German campsite) and no galaxy was harmed in the process.

How far away from the rest of you is he Nick?

Is he ok?

Last night site was pretty good close to the river.
IMG_2074.JPG

The youngster got here first today … again! :icon-rolleyes::)

Shayne and I arrived together and Chas wasn't that far behind in fourth.

So, in a semi panic that everyone will arrive (soonish) and were barely prepared with places to go and good original ideas :)icon-rolleyes:) I took a ride up scratchy lane, which is good fun but I was afraid that it's too scratchy and a bit difficult for the less initiated.

Off I went with brush cutter on board to reduce the scratchy bits and all was well till I got to the "V" that being the super narrow bit where the top of the steep banks are above my roof-rack level.

It was muddy as usual (it's often a small stream) even though we're in drought conditions, so in went the CDL and onward. As I guessed, rear diff-lock was needed, switched on, and.... mmm, nothing. Bugger, the rear end slid a bit too far to the left and ... Bump!

For the first time in 11 years off-roading, I bent a panel. :cry: Not happy.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

So there you go, it happens to the best of us, needless to say, I won't be taking you guys up there, unless you want, I abandoned the brush cutting and hauled the truck's ass all the way to the top.

That track has got some lovely tight bends, Shayne and Chas have been up there, but may not remember.

Have a good evening guys, where are you BTW?

The campsite looks great!

Back