Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2017 - Comarnic Visit

Helen was panicking a bit today and i said to her - look we can get in your truck and drive to Clive's right this minute if we choose can we not ?

She agreed that we could so there you have it , my problem is i decided to pull my truck to bits months ago and it's been laid up ever since while i try to find time , weather or inclination .

Damn rain that's all i need today :icon-rolleyes: looks like i will be travelling with a shiny silver towbar :cry:

Just gotta stick a bag of clothes in. Swap the wheels over (thanks Karl) and buy more galaxy...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Less talk of rain! Mt's off, at's going on! Although it might be a bit cooling as I've not got air con.

Thank you for tempting fate Clive because it was your fate not mine so the sun come out :D my luck soon noticed something was amiss though so everything i went to a shop to get was sold out :angry-screaming:

I'm getting there though just need to refit the fuel tank guard , paint and refit a couple of wheel arch gaskets , get the tow bar on , empty the truck which has been used as a tool shed , a quick clean around inside , work out what tools to take and get them loaded , and then she can start chucking ballroom gowns and stuff in it while i take a look at the trailer .

If i get chance later i think i will look up holiday in the dictionary :think:

Been ordered in to eat but not much to do now , remove spare wheel to adjust door hinges hoping to mute the rattle , tighten the wheel carrier which was left loose because i was going to paint it , secure the cb wiring under the dash , get rid of those useless velcro things that hold my multi 12v socket in place , relocate the jerry can holders on my trailer to balance weight better , and that's about it . Chuck a spare pair of socks in and im good for a fortnight :D

I lied , its amazing the volume a woman can reach when you say something as innocent as ouch , discretion is the greater part of valour so i will do it in the morning - not because she said so you understand :whistle:

Had the shakedown run today up to Sutton and back. I put a bit more air in the tyres, 33psi at the back and 31.5 in the fronts. She was a tad wallowy before with the tent on but not a bit of it today. Wind noise is vastly reduced with the wind deflectors I have fitted to the roof rack and it's much more stable at speed. All in all very pleased but noticing the extra weight. Tested the air compressor I bought off Tom on a chaps van with a flat. I thought it was sitting at 20 psi for a bit too long so I measured it with the tyre gauge…57.5psi!!! :scared-eek:
I decided to beat a hasty retreat and let some air out pdq!
New pressure gauge on the 'to do' list.

Just printing out final paperwork and it looks like we've got everything ready :)

Everything now done apart from transferring food from home freezer to car and pack clothes, then all set for an early start to Eurotunnel. :dance:

Breakfast in the morning at our favourite cafe in Arundel where we pick up the bacon. Leave for the tunnel at 11 at the earliest, 12-00 the latest and head on down to Folkestone to board the shuttle, hopefully a bit earlier than planned departure of 15-06. Otherwise it's a coffee or two before we leave.

Breakfast in the morning at our favourite cafe in Arundel where we pick up the bacon. Leave for the tunnel at 11 at the earliest, 12-00 the latest and head on down to Folkestone to board the shuttle, hopefully a bit earlier than planned departure of 15-06. Otherwise it's a coffee or two before we leave.
I didn't realise you were on the Shuttle too, (you are leaving Friday then) Nick and I are catching the 07-20 Saturday morning so you'll be a few hours ahead of us.

Hi guys, our advice is for you to stop at the first fuel station you see after crossing the border into Romania, to buy your "rovinieta" unless of course you managed to buy it at the border control.

Don't chance driving without one, because there are cameras all over the place with number plate recognition, and you'll get a fine for certain.

Have a good journey all, drive safely, and please leave the rain clouds behind you :lol:

Remember that bloody awful tobacco we had to smoke last year Chas , i found some still in my truck today !

DSCF2694.JPG

Back